Brain tumors do not discriminate...
- 71% of children diagnosed with a brain tumor are under the age of 17
- 11 children are diagnosed with a brain tumor every day
- Non-malignant brain tumors can kill children if they cannot be removed surgically
- Brain tumors are the 2nd leading cause of death in childhood cancers
- There are over 130 different types of brain tumors which makes treatment difficult
- Pediatric brain tumors aren't like those in adults. Children's tumors require different treatments with survivors often suffer from lifelong side effects
- Survivors can have physical, emotional, and learning challenges that limit their quality of life